Autogenous coating - Wear protection and special applications
Manual autogenous coating process using a manual hydrogen/acetylene burner and a manually guide weld filler either in form of a wire or welding rod.
A flame is used to melt the filler material onto a pre-heated surface and applied smoothly.
Subsequently, the solid tungsten carbide particles are distributed uniformly in the nickel/chrome and nickel/brass melted material, which serves as bonding agent between the workpiece and the carbides.
Areas of application
- Deep drilling industry
- e.g., stabilisers and cutter heads
- Steel industry and foundries
- e.g., blades, scrapers, guides
- Highway construction and agriculture
- e.g., excavator teeth and milling cutters
- Cement plants and many more.